Hi! I’m Gaea’s mom and I really want you all to enjoy her blog. Just like if you came over to hang out at our house, I have some rules to keep things fun and keep everyone safe.
Before I get to the rules, I want to make sure that you and your parents know that every single post and comment is read by me or Gaea’s dad before she sees it and before it is posted. Mean or inappropriate comments will not be shared on the blog and could cause the person who wrote it to be blocked from Gaea’s blog.
This is a fun and safe place for middle grade book readers to talk and learn about authors, illustrators, and other people who contribute to this genre.
Now for the rules:
1. Pick your favorite book character, movie character, or singer (anything really!) and use that as your name. You should NEVER post your real name on the Internet. When you post, it asks you for your email (nobody sees this) and your name. Use whatever name you choose, but please always use the same one so we know you are the same person.
2. NEVER tell someone where you live, your phone number, or anything else that is about you or your family. If they ask, don’t answer and please let me know so I can remind them not to do that.
3. Be nice. Not everyone is going to agree all the time and that’s okay. You are allowed to not like a book or someone else’s thoughts on a book. But never be mean or call someone names. Mean comments will not be approved and could cause you to be blocked from posting anymore.
4. No bad language. This blog is for middle grade readers, ages 8-12, use language that is appropriate.
5. Have fun! Gaea decided to do this blog because she loves to read and wants to talk to other people her age who love to read. Post as many times as you want, as long as you follow the rules.